Friday, August 1, 2008

A quick note of explanation:

Hello folks:
It appears that beginning at 8PM ET, blog visitors that use Internet Explorer 6 or 7 got an error message that "Internet Explorer cannot access this page, operation aborted." After some googling, I figured the problem was in the Javascript used for Sitemeter on the main blog page. After removing Sitemeter, all appears to be fine. People using Firefox or other browsers shouldnt have had a problem..Sorry for any inconvenience..And thanks for your support..


  1. tim--i ran into the same situation repeatedly on all 3 of cliff's blogs as well as ohiomediawatch and radio-info. since i can't access them, please feel free to forward this message to them. i have rebooted 3 times tonite to try to override the explorer error code. thanks--david5258

  2. I have found internet explorer to be a major pain of late. But my wife and kids are the ones who use that browser most of the time. My desktop's IE doesn't even work anymore, so we all use Firefox, which I found out long ago was a much better browser.

  3. I've got I.E.9, but haven't used it to access this site of late. I usually see it through Firefox, only occasionally through the last edition of Netscape Navigator before they essentially got out of the web browsing business.