Thursday, January 29, 2009

A request for help:Ernie Anderson Documentary on PBS 45/49-Western Reserve Public Media


Sign that was on Cleveland Transit buses for a time..Courtesy the Ghoulardi Store..

Ad for Manners' Big Ghoulardi..Courtesy TV Acres.com



Some Classic Ghoulardi Bits

Good Morning:
Just last night I received an email from Phil Hoffman, Akron Univ. professor and documentary producer for PBS 45/49 in Kent/Akron/ Youngstown. He is working on a local Ernie Anderson documentary..Here is the email he sent me..

Dear Tim:

I am a professor at The University of Akron and I also produce documentaries for PBS 45/49 in Kent. I am currently working on a doc about Ernie Anderson's days as Ghoulardi here in Northeast Ohio.

I am writing to ask if you could share this with your readers...I am looking for anyone who might be interested in talking to me on-camera for the doc if they were a Ghoulardi fan, if they ever went to see the All Stars play, if they ever drank from the now-infamous Ghoulardi mugs from Manners.

In fact, if they have any info or memories at all about Ghoulardi, or Ernie, I would like to hear from them. They can email me at the address below....

Dr. Phil Hoffman
phil1@uakron.edu

This should be an awesome special once it is done..I am sure Mr. Hoffman would appreciate any memories from Ghoulardi fans..

2 comments:

  1. Those Manners Big Ghoulardis were fun to drink. Ernie's golden voice lives forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a transit buff, I'm curious if that jaywalking ad ever shod up on Shaker Rapid cars also.

    ReplyDelete